I’m Aasna from Kolkata. I want to know all procedure to become a pilot in India.
21 August 2021 at 12:40 PM
The only educational requirement to become a pilot is a Pass result in Class 12 along with Math and physics. So if you’ve passed class 12 with Math and Physics you can start your process to become a pilot.
The step by step process that I recommend is as below:
1. Get your 10th and 12th mark sheet verification certificates by applying to the respective boards. CBSE and ICSE/ISC is online. SSC boards may be online/offline.<div>
2. Get your class 2 and class 1 medical check up done. Search on google for DGCA approved Class 2 doctors and get check up done and they’ll help you with class 1 as well. Unless you pass these medical tests, you cannot proceed to become a pilot. And these medical tests are done every year so make sure you’re fit at all times.
3. Apply for a computer number which is sort of like a license to write exams. This is where you apply and also has information regarding how to apply. PARIKSHA DGCA
4. Apply for DGCA CPL exams via Pariksha itself.
5. Pass the exams. Could take you multiple attemps so don’t worry about failing.
6. Enroll into a flying school.
7. As you’re flying, clear your RTR(A) exam. You can do this before joining a flying school as well.
8. Complete all your flying hours and obtain a CPL.Go get type rated on A320 or B737. Type rating is like a license to fly a certain type of aircraft.
10. Apply for jobs.
Now, cost is a very important thing. The COMPLETE cost of getting a CPL and type rating and being ready to apply for jobs will easily take you about 60–75lakhs (includes cost of Airline training at an average of 20lakhs). So make sure you have this kind of money.
PS: You can fly and write DGCA CPL exams at the same time but i do not recommend it as having cleared papers before flying gives you preference over others at the time of flying.