Flight Dispatch Assistant
Website Dhlaviation DHL Aviation
Excellence. Simply Delivered
- The Flight Dispatch Assistant role is to assist the Flight Dispatcher in preparing flight planning and information for DHL Aviation operations.
- Provide all necessary operations support to Flight Crews and timely Flight Operations information to management.
- Ensure that administration tasks are complete and up to date.
- Cover for the Flight Dispatcher if licensed and approved
- The Flight Dispatch Assistant provides administrative and operational support to flight crews to safely and legally operate their flights. Flight Control ensures that the aviation division executes operations by the regional air transport needs of the company on a day to day basis. This is done through interface with the Network Control Group, the Crewing Supervisor, the Aviation Maintenance Department, and various airport organizations.
- To successfully support the Duty Flight Dispatcher to track, and accurately report on the operations of a complex airline; to ensure flights are completed in a safe, legal and cost-effective way.
- Checks that all flight operations are conducted by relevant aviation regulations. Report any deviation from regulations to the DFO and the Flight Operations Manager.
- The flight follows all DHL call sign flights by aviation regulation and records all flight data in the flight following database in real-time.
- Follows all procedures issued by the Flight Operations Manager
- Maintains familiarity with the Emergency Procedures Manual and Emergency SOP. Initiates Emergency
- The procedure by the Emergency Procedures Manual.
- Produces flight folders / iPad for the day’s flights.
- Manages the daily catering needs from all stations
- Communicates with hub and aviation maintenance personnel concerning all ES flight movements in and out of Bahrain.
- Application and payment of GACA permit
- Maintains all necessary flight operations documents in Flight Control Centre
- Assist in Crew doc submissions for HKG/BLR/UK/LEJ
- Familiarity with all the company manuals and BCAA regulations for the legal and safe operation of all flights.
- DHL Aviation Flight Operations are fast-paced. Flight Dispatchers are often called upon to make fast decisions concerning significant air operations under extreme time pressure. Examples include decisions concerning deviation to alternate airports due to weather. The Dispatch Assistant can support the Dispatcher to allow them to focus on core priorities with the Assistant taking over functions that may distract the Dispatcher when the workload is high.
Education & Experience Qualifications
- Minimum of 3 years experience in the aviation field.
- A Dispatcher license is a distinct advantage.
- Fluent in written and spoken English, enough to communicate at all levels in required Technical terms.
- Software skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Experience in Aircraft Systems Troubleshooting and modification.
To apply for this job please visit careers.dhl.com.