- The best way to find if you meet the criteria is through Class 2 medical exams. These are DGCA approved centers that conducts the medical exams and also inform you of the shortcomings and ways to correct it.
- There are about 125 centers spread across the country to choose from and appointments are generally not an issue.
- A CA35 assessment form is generated by the medical center after completion of your exam and forwarded to DGCA for your PMR (previous medical record) number generation. You will also receive a medical assessment report from DGCA based on your report from Class 2 center.
- PMR number is unique to each candidate and does not change. It is maintained by the medical cell at DGCA headquarters, Delhi.
- PMR file when requested is forwarded by post to the desired center 2-3 weeks before the date for CLASS 1 initial, renewal or re-initial via centralized appointment system.
- Class 2 has a validity of 2 years.
- Class 2 is also mandatory before you can proceed for Class 1.